go to the doctors today?

ok so last thursday i went to the doc....it was supposed to be the day before my c-section i was 38 weeks.....i go to day because my new c-section date is for thursdy morning.....am i wrong to wanna hit him if he changes the date again( i really wont hit him) he just made me mad like fuming causehe changed the date the daybefore my c-section and everything was planned and that went to hell and i cant take any more dsappointments.....ecspecially since my hubby can only take of thursday and its a vacation day he cant get back.....so im a lil mad and im just waiting to be disapointed...so is it wrong of me to wanna hit him if he changes the date again

Mamaof2boys0709

Asked by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the doctor tells a horomonal pregnant woman that the date is changing
    and he/she did not wear protective gear?
    is the doc brave or stupid ( lol)
    NORMAL for you to want to reach out and touch him with a good ol' slap

i had c section, take it easy after, no lifting, keep ahead of pain meds, have someone with you first few days, i healed fine, but it is hard to move around at first, but over all c section is not as bad as i thought it would be.
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes, it is wrong of you.
    You can be annoyed but it's likely BETTER in the long run.

The extra days probably are a good thing as it gives your baby any extra time to develop mature lungs, lay on more fat for temperature regulation, and have that sucking reflex ready. A week may not seem like a big deal TO YOU but for gestating babies it is a HUGE difference -- they do a lot of necessary "final touches" in that time. It also means that your body is also more ready for labor and an induction would go better expecially if your Bishop Score was high.

As a matter of fact, you shouldn't get induced for convenience or scheduling (as tempting as it may be for you) especially if you aren't prepared for the possible consequences and especially not if your Bishop Score is low.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• also, nurses had baby in nursery at night, so i could sleep-yeah right-sleep, but it was good because when baby needed feeding they would bring her in.If she was in room with me alone, i of course would have tryed to pick her up to feed her and it is really important to have someone bring her to you and not try to reach to get her, at least the first day or two. you can pick her up, but reaching over into crib, getting up by yourself and turning and lifting can be painful and not great for stitches, just listen to your body and doctors/nurses when thry tell you not to move in a certain way etc
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i have to have a c-section it will be my second.....my placenta is over my cervix and hsnt moved my doc feels safer doinga c-section and id rather have one.....i took no pian meds with my previous c-section andi plan on not taking them this time as well...as soon as i felt my legs i was up walking around.....i hat ewhen people make it seem like im putting my chil atrisk for having ac-section....well sry my placenta doesnt wanna fucking cooroprate......my god.....get over it not every mother can have a natural vaginal delivery...ive been there done it and lost a baby...sont really wanna do it again.....so sry if i offend you for wanting to see my child grow up....so excuse me if i get tired of hearing oh why a c-section....becuase im not in the mood to die.....does that make it clear as of why i am really upset and wanna have this baby asap.....i mean damn.....a c-section hurts a hell of a lot more than a vaginal....so take
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• ???
    i thought that you mentioned c section
    i had to have a c section, it was not my idea
    i assume that you have to have one also
    i do not think that many women choose this
    i also did not a matter of convenience from questioner
    she is just ready to do go like most women that are this pregnant
    i do agree that the more time in there is better for baby
    but sometimes they have to take baby early
    my dod would not let me get close to develivery because of placenta issue
    so mine was 4 weeks early
    i was scared of baby's size and development, but she was perfect (thank you God)
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• continued

and shove it.....ive lost a baby....ive had a premie....and you know what im sorry i wanna be selfish and see my children grow up....im 20 fucking years old and i know hey my kids are important....the most important....i dont need a vaginal birth to make my birth experience worth while....all i need is for my child to come out ok.....so fuck all of you who look down on people who have had or are going to have a c-section....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my placenta was covering cervix also!

many people do not understand what this means

i explained to my step daughter who was 8 at the time

my door to my womb is blocked so the doctor has to make a window for the baby to come out

if you try to deliver through placenta (which is the baby's lifeline) the baby will most likely die and the woman will bleed extremely heavy putting her life in danger too

questioner... did you bleed during pregnancy? i did at 15 weeks, that is when i found out, and i never bled again, however every nurse at every visit asked first thing.. did you bleed YET, i would say no and i am not going to
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 9:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i was bleedin from 17 weeks to now....and im on bed rest( butno really who will take care of my 2 year old) but i take it easy...with my son i had him 6 weeks early i went into labor and he was transverse so i had a c-section and at 16 i had a still birth....my baby was born dead at 37 weeks,,,,,my placenta detatched from the wall completely and my daughter died..... i know all to the well the pain of death....and id rather hav a million c-sections to savemy child than to risk it just to fulfil a need that at the end of the day isnt important
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i am sorry for your loss

yes, any mother would have a c section to help the changes for her child.
    and placenta issues are one reason to have a c section
    i do not know why, but some people assume that when a woman says c section that she is choosing this
    most likely it is a medial reason
    and certainly in your case, you would most likely not be allowed to have a normal birth, no doctor would agree to this
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You can't blame people when y ou don't mention a PERTINENT PIECE OF INFORMATION. Placenta previa is a REAL indication of needing a c-section -- so if that was the reason why not say so. All you said you were mad about was the lost vacation day? That gives the impression that the c-secion was for convenience NOT emergency or necessity. People can't read your mind, they can only go buy what information you provide. It's like saying "the man in the chair with a broken leg." Well how are people supposed to know if you are talking about the man having the broken leg or the chair? If you put emphasis on the chair, well, I'm going to have to go with the chair!

With the c-section rate in this country at 30% and it shouldn't be more than 10%, and only 5-6% of those being for real emergencies like previa, isn't it safe to say that the vast majority of c-sections are not necessary?

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009