Breathing problem

What could this be?

I am having trouble breathing. I feel like I can't get a deep enough breath, then all of a sudden I'll get a good one and I'll feel okay for a short while but then I'll go back to not being able to get a deep breath. It's been happening for about a week now. I though maybe it was the humidity, but it seems to be the same inside the AC as it is outside. I had a c section last year and have a family history of blood clots. It is not accompanied by any pain.

Could this be a pulmonary embolism? Asthma? What the heck is wrong with me??

I'm seeing a doctor this afternoon, I just thought I'd see if any of you have heard of someone with this or have had it.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Health

• It's too far out to be a PE from C-Section. Maybe allergies , or tthe humidity .. MD could tell you after some testing .
    jamiinvegas

Answer by jamiinvegas at 1:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• mine turned out to be carbon monoxide in the house. We got that fixed and I'm fine now

Answer by admckenzie at 12:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Anxiety! I have a clotting disorder- so everytime I feel short of breath- I start to worry. The more I worry or think about it- well- the worse I feel. Once I get relaxed and stop thinking about it- I can breathe fine. I also notice I feel the same way you do most often when I am stressed out about something. Like I have had that feeling that I can't get a good breath all week and last week- but I am totally stressed about stuff at the moment. I googled it once because everytime I go to the doctor- I am medically fine, and I found a lot of people with the same symptoms and it was mostly caused by stress and anxiety. Good to have it checked out to be sure it's not serious! Good luck!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2009