Breathing problem? (PIOC)

What could this be?

I am having trouble breathing. I feel like I can't get a deep enough breath, then all of a sudden I'll get a good one and I'll feel okay for a short while but then I'll go back to not being able to get a deep breath. It's been happening for about a week now. I though maybe it was the humidity, but it seems to be the same inside the AC as it is outside. I had a c section last year and have a family history of blood clots. It is not accompanied by any pain.

Could this be a pulmonary embolism? Asthma? What the heck is wrong with me??

I'm seeing a doctor this afternoon, I just thought I'd see if any of you have heard of someone with this or have had it.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Could be asthma you could even be overweight for your height.
    Sometimes over weight people have the breathin problems.
    I have asthma and I take a deep breath like that sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No way to knwo for sure. Breathing problems can be sooo many things. Anything from broncitis/pneumonia to astma, to lung nodules and cancer. Just the breathing by itself?? My aunt had other symptoms and had cancer. I had other symptoms and it was just a bad cold with lots of fluid draining into my lungs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'm not over weight. I am 5 ft and weigh about 95 or 100 lbs.

I am also wondering if it could be allergies? I know y'all can't diagnose me, I'm just worried.
    Anonymous

• Oh ok. I was just saying as an option .
    Yes it can be from allergies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Interesting. I feel the same way at times. I do have asthma, although it hasn't bothered me much in years. I also have allergies. I never really thought about it though, I'm just so used to it.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Very possibly anxiety.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:55 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• That happens EXACTLY to me. I had a c-section too and also recently went to the Dr recently for it. No blood cloth (thats what they thought). No diagnosis. I have to say that after experiencing this for many years from time to time I have concluded that it is a combo of humidity, a touch of asthma, over exherting myself, too much coffee and anxiety all happening at the same time. May sound funny but I have noted my behaviors when this happens. Luckily I have a nebulizer and a dose of albuteral really helps me to "catch that breathe" :)
    verygina

Answer by verygina at 11:11 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• UPDATE

I just got back from the doctor. He thinks that it's either Asthma or allergies just as suspected above. We're doing an xray just incase. He gave me an inhaler and it helped a little but I am still feeling the problem. I'll see if it feels better after another dose later tonight.

And to verygina, I don't know if the coffee would hurt you because caffeine can be used to treat an asthma attack in an emergency as it opens up the capillaries.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2009