Does this frustrate you?

My daughter is 2 and has been sleeping through the night since 8 weeks. When I'm at work and I bitch because I"m tired as my daughter woke me up, the basically tell me to shut up, I should be used to it by now. Obviously, its the peopel who don't have kids. You never get used to not sleeping especially if it's not normal for the kid to be waking up anymore!

Do you have this problem? Isn't it really irratating?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Dont worry what peole say when and if they have kids they will understand just try complaining to the ones who would understand if this bothers you. Yes there are times my two year old still gets up.. We learned the other night that he sleep walks at times.lol this is the first as where there were 3 before him that didnt do that. So this is new to us. lol
    lisam2966

Answer by lisam2966 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No, because I don't bitch about being woke up by my kids. I've accepted it as part of my life and that it will happen from time to time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• She's been sleeping through the night for 2 years now and you're still complaining how tired you are? When does she wake you up?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:23 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I don't have the problem of complaining about it and people basically telling me to shut up. But I do find being woken up in the middle of the night to be frustrating. Especially because we sleep on a different floor than our kids do, so getting up and going up and down the stairs in the middle of the night really disrupts my sleep. I'm afraid I'm going to fall down them one of these days.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I wonder if our girls are similar. My daughter is 21 months. She slept through the night at 6 weeks old, but hasn't been entirely consistant about it. She will sleep well for weeks, then wake up in the night every night for a week, then go back to sleeping well again. It's totally unpredicatable. And just TRY to get this kid back to sleep again on her bad nights!!! I don't care if she slept well at 6 weeks, if she keeps me up most of the night for 3 nights in a row, I'm going to complain to someone!
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• She sleep mosts nights but every now and then she'll wake up at 2 or 3 and fuss for me. As soon as I pick her up, she goes back to sleep but I'm up and can't always go back to sleep. So I'm tired in the morning! It'd be different if she woke up sick or needing something, but just to be put back to bed. If someone asks, I'm going to say I'm tired, the baby woke me up! But they just don't get it.

Last night she was up at 1 then again at 2. I had a migraine so it didn't help. And now I'm miserable today becuase I still have the headache and I'm tired on top of it.

I had no problems getting up when she was a baby and it was a normal thing and again, no problems when she's sick. I'm too concerned about her to care. But sometimes I just want to bitch and I should be allowed to! If I can't vent, then it builds, miss anon 9:20, and that's more dangerous than pretending to love and accept every facet of motherhood.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• lisam: Goodluck with that! My cousin sleep walks, and he'll get up and pee in trashcans in the hallway! Or try to open the front door. That's no fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• There is a difference between bitching, venting and complaining. Those three things are not all the same, "miss anon 9:45". (your attitude is bitchy with your name calling)

If you want to bitch, go ahead. you do have the right to do so. However, you should EXPECT people to tell you to shut up.

I don't pretend to love every facet of motherhood. I hate it when my kids wake me at night, but it is still a part of life. I do complain about it, too. But bitching about it and then not expecting someone to tell me to shut up is ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2009