Have you ever had your bank teller give you too much money?

If so how much? and did you return it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• One time I went to the bank, went in, got some $$ out. A couple of hours later. The teller calls me. Asking if she gave me to much money and to return it. I told her I spent most of the money(that I did) and I can't tell if she gave to much to me. And NO I didn't give it back.

Answer by louise2 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No they dont usually do that . They can lose their jobs. That is why they are supposed to count it out right there infront of you before giving it to you .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes, twice! Once when I was really young, and once in high school. I brought it back both times and got free bank "stuff."
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 9:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• An extra $20 and gave it back, of course.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes, I asked for a roll of quarters and I got ten rolls. Being it wasn't my best day it took us both just as long to figure out what was wrong with the amount of money.
    Blueloveaura

Answer by Blueloveaura at 9:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Yes it was 250$, she gave me 5 50's was suppose to be 5 20's, I noticed when I went to put it in my wallet, she was soooooo upset! It was her first day poor girl. She was very thankful
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• yes i had SSI at one point and i went to withdrawal my 700 from the ATM and it said i had 1600 to use! i was broke and desperate and i took it all out.. waited 2 weeks to spend it never had an issue or the bank call me i paid bills with it that was 6 years ago
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Mrs.Owen, usually you wont lose your job over it. And jut so you know, they are not even allowed to count the money out to you but do it anyways. Its because then when you are leaving the bank everyone else around who was also getting money knows how much you are leaving with and could possibly rob you. Itstrue my mom and my aunt worked at a bank
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Nope, and my conscience wouldn't allow me to keep it if it ever were to happen to me. God sees everything I do, not to mention I wouldn't want someone to lose their job over my selfishness/greed.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No, but once I did put an ATM card into the machine to withdraw money from my savings. I did not have checking at the time. I accidentally hit the $50.00 fast cash from checking button and before I knew it, it spit a 50 out. It was over Christmas holiday. I waited until Monday, called the bank, explained what happened. The teller told me she appreciated my honesty. She said that they would have never caught what happened. I returned the money.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2009