help my in-laws hate me because i could not get a job and send things to them or call them all the time,what do i do?

i resigned from my job 2yrs ago because my employer was against pregnancy,since i gave birth to my son a yr ago ,have been desperately searching for job but nothing.when i had job i use to call my in- laws all the time but now i can not afford to call them and they hate me for that,they think am just been selfish and proud.what do you think i shld do,my husband is close to them and he acts as if its not is bussiness.

happymum113

Asked by happymum113 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Send them a laptop and email them. Husband can be close to them but you can't afford to call them? I thought everyone had unlimited calling nowadays. If not, check into it. I have a program that has 10 cents a min anywhere in the world. If you want to call them you can do it. Where there is a will there is a way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'm a little confused. Is he calling them? I don't get why they would be mad at you for not calling when they have a dang telephone to. Like I told someone once - phone lines work in reverse and I'm pretty sure you still know how to dial a phone. If you're doing what you need to do financially for your family, then let them be mad. If they don't know why you haven't called - then sacrifice and call them to explain that you love them but finances has changed your priorities ( and get better at writing letters - I guess).
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Well if they miss hearing from you, why don't they call you? Phones do work both ways. Could you break down and call them once a month? Hmmm would they be open to accepting collect calls? If they are long distance and it would cost alot, then what about emailing them instead? Or buying 'thinking of you' cards and mailing them out once in a while, and enclosing a 'newsy' letter?
    Are they aware of your situation? If not maybe you should let them know, and say 'this is why I have not been calling as often...'. That way they know it is not anything to do with them, it is you trying to manage the finances and not have extra expenses.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:59 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Do they not consider raising their grandson a job..boy, I do...if they are not aware of your situation then I agree that you should let them know..I agree, if you can't afford the long distance, then why can't they call you..it works both ways...most grandparents I know call anyway to check on their grandkids..why is it not your husband's business? They're his parents..why can't he explain to them the situation? Good luck...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2009