Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have problems out of the ex wife?

My soon to be hubby(on friday), has not been able to get along with his exwife since they divorced. We have tried to get along for the kids sake, if its not her its her new husband putting his 2cents in the middle. I try to stay out of it, but it is really making me mad now. The kids are not being taken care of. She had an affair with this guy and pretty much chose him over the kids. He left his pregnant wife for her and he complains about the kids all the time. It is hard to take kids away from a mother, but they are not in a good situation. Its sad. What can be done? She doesn't inform my s/o of anything medical, or school that is going on with them. He tries to talk to her and she smarts off and hangs up. She got an EPO against him this last time he droped the kids off because he didn't have a witness with him, and she's been waiting to do it. She told him so. What do you do about that?

Answer Question

Asked by KRYSTALxoxo at 9:40 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Try to get full custody of the kids. Never pick up or drop the kids off alone. Talk to the school and the kids doctor to see if you two or they will call dad if anything is wrong. Sounds like your DH needs to stop trying to talk to his EX.

    Answer by louise2 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • learn from mistakes. Take a witness or take a video camera. Or drop the kids off with grandma or a neighbor so there is no direct contact with the x. If there is abuse then call cps

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • get a lawyer

    Answer by ranedare at 11:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • and make a record of every incident. continue visitation and be very consistent.

    Answer by ranedare at 11:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • I'm serious keep documentation of everything. Every bruise, every time she hangs up, every time her husband gets involved, and next time that he goes to pick up or drop off the children stop by the police station where you live and see if one of them will go with him to her house. Most of the time they will if you explain what is going on. Talk to their school make them aware that you need them to contact you if there is a problem, school events, anything, they should be able to send you fliers if there is an event. Call their doctor make sure they call you if the children are sick. I had to with my ex husband and his ex girlfriend and now he gets 2 weeks out of the summer, Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve until 8 that is it.

    Answer by crys630 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

  • Learning from our mistakes is what we have been doing. Thanks for all the great advice. I just wish people would realize that it is all about the kids, and just get along. It is horrible.

    Answer by KRYSTALxoxo at 12:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.