Does anyone else hubby take credit for something you did?

I have found some really great deals in the last year & 1/2 and am pretty proud of the deals I have made, for example, for 5 years we searched for the perfect house to buy, I found it last year, a real steal at $25,000 for a 3 bd 1 1/2 bth house on a concrete slab, then a few months ago, I bought a 1994 Voyager and a 1983 Dodge PU for $150 each, last week, I bought an entertainment center, dresser, desk and 19" TV all for $35. Hubby told me I really know how to sniff out the great deals. HOWEVER, when his Mom came to visit he told her that HE found them all. GRRRR. MIL does not care for me much anyway and certainly has a problem with the fact that I had a child by my ex when hubby and I got married so it would maybe help things if she knew I was the one saving us all this money, I may get a better reception by her, but NO hubby takes ALL the credit, didn't even mention my name while he was telling her how great HE did.

kustomkrochet

Asked by kustomkrochet at 9:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• imo you are married which equals a team. He does get credit because he picked you. You can choose to nitpick or just be happy that you got what you wanted in the deals period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Did you tell him to straighten it out? You need to.

Answer by louise2 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Just being married to you doesn't mean he gets to lie and take credit for things you do. Which is basically what he did. He needs to tell the truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• There are many times that men do that. It is even popular for them to not accept your idea as good but a month later he miraculously comes up the same idea. I say we plant the seed and if he needs to think it's his idea then so be it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Since his mother doesn't like you, he probaby wanted to avoid her nasty comments about you and just told her that he found the good deals. I wouldn't put too much stock into it because its not a major issue in your marriage...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:36 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If something good happens in my house and I do it someone else takes the credit. If something bad happens, I get blamed. I always tell my hubby . I get blamed for everything , credit for nothin.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 2:20 AM on Aug. 19, 2009