Schools not telling us....BS

Soo we have swine flu in our schools. It's confirmed. Because I am pretty close with the teachers I know that 24 4th graders and 15 kindergarteners were out (just sick, not with JUST swine flu) yesterday. My dd is home today. I have heard at least one kid at her school has it. But NOW I learn that the school boards policy is to NOT tell parents! WTH. They may try an make us get the vaccine, they are sending home notes to keep your kids home if they are sick, but they won't let us know which schools have it! I think we should be told if its in the school so, as a parent, we can make decisions! What say you?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Maybe another scare tactic or even forceful tactic to make your kids receive the vaccine. But who knows, i'm wearing my tin foil hat right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• your kids are in school already?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• eww yeah we should know.My kids school sent a note home as well but they say no cases of yet.

anon my kids started back early this month because they get out for summer break in May.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i hear that on the news lastnight them saying school dont have to say 1 or 2 kids are out with possible swine flu..that there just out sick. i do think they should tell parents..i have 1 dd in school and a 3 yr old at home so if my dd is around that i would like to know...i know had washing and all that but still i would like to be informed..also my 2 sd's are in school and come here eow so again i would like to know. to protect myself and my kids.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• That is NOT right! They need to inform parents when something like that is going around.
    Heck, they telll you when Lice and Menengitis is going around, why not this?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• They did that here last year. I heard 3 kids had it at the high school which is right next door to the elem. school and they denied that anyone had it. I knew the mom's of all 3 kids and they had it, but the school denied it.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Talk about a mixed message. Encourage the parents to vaccinate their kids for swine flu, but don't tell them that there is an outbreak of swine flu. Huh?

Open communication makes more sense.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i have to say that in some cases, no-the parents do not make the best most well informed decisions. our school is a pilot school for the swine flu and all children will be vaccinated in school. i was informed however, with my DD asthma she will need an entirely different vaccine. i have no problems with how our school is handling this issue, but as a well informed parent I will also make sure my DD gets her required vaccine and doesn't go to school with flu symptoms.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• ..our school is a pilot school for the swine flu and all children will be vaccinated in school...

Hmm, maybe you can sue when she experiences paralysis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• maybe you can suggest a good lawyer.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2009