What do you buy a 3 yr old that has a lot already for christmas and birthday?

I know i could come up with more junk for her by just walking down an aisle, but I want something good. She is into playing pretend, art, and music. I do want a physical gift cause after all she will be 3 and well they want something to touch and play with.

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 10:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Clothes, Music..cd's and cd player, educational toys...abc's and such. Games such as memory...books are always good. Good luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• books or science kits, look at fatbraintoys.com

dino digs are alot of fun.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Books, learning books (workbooks) or a leap frog. My kids are spoiled with toys (they are 2 and 3) and I always ask for their birthday presentss to please give books. But my kids love books too, thank goodness.
    1skeetersmom

Answer by 1skeetersmom at 10:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I brought my daughter a bookshelf and filled it. She loved it. Education and the dollar store can make miracles.
    Se-Se

Answer by Se-Se at 10:13 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Books! Or nothing. Buy something you need. Does she need a bed, a dresser, sheets for her bed, clothes?
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:13 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my SD turned 3 last week! :) the best presents she got- a slip n slide, 3D chalk, and a bear "puzzle" with about 30 interchangable pieces (you can dress the bears for different occassions).
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 10:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• We are facing the same thing this year. My oldest has a birthday 3 weeks after Christmas and my middle one 3 weeks before, so we were looking at a huge influx of toys in a few months. My in-laws are getting our kids a trip to Chuck-E-Cheese or Bonkers for Christmas. You could take them to an age-appropriate amusement park or indoor playground and pull out all the stops; pizza, cake, the works. We rented the local hotel pool last winter for a party for both boys. And books, art supplies, and outdoor fun things are always a good substitute for more junk!
    zqqkeeper

Answer by zqqkeeper at 10:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I think this is a question we all ask ourselves when our children are young. Who wants to spend more money on more potential junk to just clutter your house? With my boys (4 and 1.5) I rotate toys so they dont get boring. I just recently took out the bin of little people that has been hiding and it's christmas all over again! Also, I love taking them to the little gym for classes. Its a great special gift to give to them. Painting pottery is always a creative thing to do as a treat. Treasure hunts in the yard, baking a cake together (let them pick what flavor and how to decorate it). I teach my kids sign language and they love it. There is a great series called signing time. My kids have been signing before they could even talk (and no, I did not know how to sign prior, we learned together). If your daughter love imaginary play then I think that a dress up tea and cookie party would be perfect. Let her make decisions. :)
    verygina

Answer by verygina at 10:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would get her one of those smart cycles. Let me see if i can find a pic. Heres a link. http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=10&e=smartcyclelanding.
    allurasmamma

Answer by allurasmamma at 11:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• We keep a list of things a child can NEVER have too many of, even if they all ready have the exact same thing. We use it for birthdays of kids we don't know and also give the same list out to family for our own kids.

Cartoon character socks
    Hats (the more outrageous the better, especially for ages 2-8)
    slippers
    crayons
    markers
    coloured pencils
    paper, coloured and plain
    colouring books
    paints
    cookie mixes they can really bake with a parent or relative
    playdough
    clay
    stuffed animals (especially unusual ones)

Also, ask what she has that she enjoys. My daughter has some play sets she adores and instead of collecting more and more toys we ask family to build on what she all ready has and enjoys.
    strawberrykri

Answer by strawberrykri at 12:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009