To Twilight Series fans~

I am almost finished with the third book. I have heard the movie isn't very good, but I still want to see it. Do you think I should wait until I finish all 4 books so it doesn't mess with the story as I imagine it in my head?? I'm scared if the movie isn't good that it will ruin it for me! What do you think??

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think you should see the movies first I read the Harry Potter books after the first 5 movies were made and then was really excited to see the 6th movie....only to be really dissapointed. I think that it doesnt let you down as much if you read the books after seeing the movies. Just my oppinion though!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 10:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Read the books.
    Trust me, you will be sorely disappointed with the movies once you read the books and you'll be glad you read them first so you understand everything so much better.
    If you read the books after watching the movies your mind will already be filled with images from the movies and you will wonder what the heck is going on as you read and then get ticked off that you wasted your time with the movies first.
    The movies are best to watch after reading the books while remembering that they are not going to follow the books and switch a LOT around.
    I love the books - just finished reading the series {again} - but I won't be wasting my time on anymore of the movies after being sorely disappointed with the first one.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I was never a twilight fan before the movie, and out of curiosity I wanted to see what all the "hype" was about with this movie. I have to say I was NOT disappointed. :) I have officially become "hooked" too LOL

Most movies aren't as good as the books....d that's usually the general consensus. Seems the authors give you more visualization in the book, not to mention they can pack as much excitement in a book that takes (in some cases) 2 or 3 days to read (or longer) because they don't have the time constraints of squeezing the whole story into 2 hours or less so they can go on and on and on. So of course no matter how great the acting and graphics and what not are, you're still getting ripped off technically speaking with a book vs. a movie, because of time limits and may miss core events that may have happened in the book.

I didn't read the book, but LOVED the movie. :) Can't wait for New Moon on 11/20 to come out.lol

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• when you watch the movie, you'll be disappointed..
    I haven't read the last book but I've read all 3 of them and when I decided to watch the movie. I had to fight the urges to NOT break the dvd..
    Stephanie Myers should be ashamed by how horrible it was.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 10:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• the books are better than the movie. i would read the books first. but if you think Rob Pattinson (edward in the movie) is hot, then you should watch the movie before you read the last book so you can picture him throughout some GREAT parts in the last book. :)
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 10:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I've read all 4 books and watched the movie twice. You should definitely read the books first, then see the movie. BUT before you watch the movie, be prepared for it to be completely different than what you would expect. Don't go into it thinking it is going to follow the book at all. It doesn't. But if you go into the movie like it's just any other movie (maybe wait a while after you have read the books!) then it is a decent movie. I will watch New Moon when it comes out, I have heard it is being produced to follow the book a little more closely than Twilight did, but we will see. I truly enjoyed the books for the story. I enjoyed the movie for a little escapism, like a little treat for a Twilight fan lol. Or a treat for a Rob Pattinson fan, whichever you prefer ;-)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• LOL vintagewife, I love that answer! SO true.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I saw the movie before i read the book. And now i am almost done with the last book. I am dying to see the movie New moon. If your in the third book then the movie of the first book shouldn't matter much. Watch it. Its amazing. I LOVE IT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would read all 4 books and then watch the movie, with the understanding that it is loosely based on the book. They leave so much out, it will make more sense if you already know what's supposed to happen.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• **OP HERE!**

Ok, so I gave in and watched it! It was better than I was expecting, but they did leave a lot out, but like someone said earlier, you can't fit a 500+ page book into a 2 hour movie.... Funny, although I obviously knew what the 2 main charachters looked like, everything else was pretty close to how I had imagined it!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2009