At home toothach remedys?

Does anyone have a good home remedy for a toothache...I have tried Oragel,Ambsol,Vinegar,vanilla,tylenol,and advil without any releif.

redheadsmommie

Asked by redheadsmommie at 10:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Health

• do you have any liquor? sounds weird i know but if you do, put some on your tooth it will help numb the gums GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• ugh i don't know either but if you find something that works let me know! my wisdom tooth has been killing me for 2 weeks straight.....
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:46 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Benzodent it is for people with dentures. It is a paste so you can put it on the tooth and gums.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:00 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• have you tried rinsing with warm salt water? or mouthwash? I heard cloves are supposed to help too...and if theres an infection a piece of raw potato placed on the tooth is supposed to help draw out the infection...good luck!!! tooth aches are awful!!!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• motrin is better for reducing inflammation from a tooth ache. I heard you can put an aspirin on the tooth and cloves is something they used to give us at school for it but call a dentist. They will tell you what to use

Answer by admckenzie at 12:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• oh - i so have not clue. im having the same problem - i had a tooth break and i cant afford a dentist right now. but hopefully soon. im giving this a bump! (i think that is what a bump means - ?) haha! good luck!
    Crystal_N

Answer by Crystal_N at 1:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• ibprofin..take about 800mg. that helps also warm water mixed with salt, or peroxide just swish it dont swollow also has a horrible taste but helps draw out infections. ( warning..it foams ) also clove oil numbs it u can get that in a heath food store. and like first post said ....alcohol sounds weird but it works i use tiquilla (sp) i swish it i dont swollow but it eases the pain by numbing it..also a warm heating pad helps me just aplie it to the sore side it also helps draw up the infection once the infection comes up its easyer to handle..its just a matter of time when it pops ( sorry gross i know ) but when it pops the pressure and pain ease fast. good luck i have been there a few time and my dentist costs 125.00 just to walk in..so i feel for you. xo get better..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• thanks everyone=) I'm feeling 100000000% better. I tried peroxide and it helped. I hope I can get back on my feet soon and get it taken care of! I adore you ladies!!!!!
    redheadsmommie

Answer by redheadsmommie at 3:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2009