To Bumbo.... or not to Bumbo?

What are your thoughts on Bumbos? Worth it or not? My little man is 5 1/2 months and kinda on the small side. Trying to decide if it is worth it to buy one or not.

Tx_Mom09

Asked by Tx_Mom09 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i bought one.. and honestly it was nice however never used it.. when she could sit on her own she rather sit on her own and not in it so if you can buy one used then go for it but to me wasn't worth the 40 i paid
    mama2myAna

Answer by mama2myAna at 10:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i bought one for my son when he was 4 months, he was already too big for it though, his chubby legs would get stuck. we used it for a week and returned it. it didn't seem to be worth the 40 bucks. he was sitting unassisted by 5 1/2 months anyways, so it would have only been used for a month. if your son is 5 1/2 months, he will probably be sitting unassisted shortly anyways, so i wouldn't waste the money. unless you can find a used one cheap.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 10:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I liked it.. I dont use it all the time..I like it when he wants to sit up and play..i don't have to worry about him falling over ....but he does poop almost EVERYTIME he sits in it, so it's good for one thing...LOL...he had constipation..but he's doing fine now!
    Brookes_Mommy

Answer by Brookes_Mommy at 10:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Bumbos are awesome.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My lil' one sits in hers at 3 months and loves it - check out your local Craigslist or Freecycle to get one 2nd hand. I paid 10.00 for mine and a quick wash down with cleaner and was like new.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I used them a lot for my twins as soon as they could hold their head up. Both crawled by 5 months and are walking at 9 months. I don't know if the bumbo had anything to do with that. I had to stop using them around 6 months because they were able to get out.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 11:57 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• We have them for our twins and we love them! That's what we feed them in since neither are too thrilled with the high chair. We got the bebe pod though from Prince Lionhart. We bought them on ebay and got both for about what we would have paid for one! In my opinion they are well worth it. Our twins are now sitting unassisted, but they sit in those to eat.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 12:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• umm i bought one for my dd when she was born and started sitting her in it pretty early she loved it and it tought her to sit up i didnt even know she could but she did at 4 months on her own i was shocked!!
    AIMIE489

Answer by AIMIE489 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I received one as a gift with my first child. I never really used it, and it has since made its way to goodwill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I Bumbo'ed my daughter when she was just able to hold her head up and it was great! She loved to just sit up and look around at everything going on. Then, I bought the tray and it was perfect for beginning her first solids. She was too small for the high chair, but the Bumbo was the perfect size. I'm not sure if it would be worth getting a Bumbo at 5 1/2 months though. He would probably be able to get out of it over the next couple of months.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009