If my SO has a credit score of 832..

he can get a mortgage on his own right?

My credit is wack. My mother opened numerous accounts in my name, i'm in the process of getting them removed, but some of them are more difficult than others.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hell yeah! Thats GREAT! Dynamite score.
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 10:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It shouldn't be a problem.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Thats a pretty perfect score. The lenders just wanna see at least 740.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 10:46 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Well that is a great credit score BUT!!!!!!!!!! a lender will only let you borrow 2 and 1/2 times what your hubby makes in a year so you not being one the mortgage will effect how much you are allowed to borrow
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Wow, that's a great score!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• He shouldn't have any trouble. If his job is based on commission he might run into some trouble. He will have to prove his income gone are the days of them just accepting what someone says. Our scores were in the 800s and we still had to bring in two years worth of w2's and 3 months worth of pay stubs. The bank also called my husbands employer to verify his job was not temporary and his pay. When we bought 7 years ago they didn't do that just had to bring one w2 and they took our word for his income and our credit was in the 700s.

Depending on the state if you want to be on the deed they may check your credit. I could not tell if you were married since you called him your SO. If you are not married and will not be on the deed don't put any of your money down on the house. If you do you will not get that back if you split up. See a lender and then go from there. Good luck. It is a tough market you'll need it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I don't know how it works, but I would assume so.
    My husband is our main income maker, but my credit score and history are a ton better than his, so they used the both combined together to qualify us for a loan.
    In fact, my great credit got us a 4% fixed interest rate, which I heard is pretty good.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2009