How many bibles in your house?

I was looking for a a particular bible verse with an explanation. I pulled out my student bible, which is right next to my NRSB. I used to read the KJV until I learned a little more about it. I kept it so I can reference particular translations mistakes and I have a pocket bible given to me by someone passing them out. It occurred to me I have 4 copies of what could be argued as the same book, yet I use them in many different ways.

Does anyone else have a lot of bibles? Or is just book of the Lord all you need?

drink-lover

Asked by drink-lover at 10:59 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We have several. I keep one by the computer,cause I'm always looking up verses. We both keep our study Bibles on the table,cause we read them every morning, I have one in my purse, my Mom's, my son's in his room, and we have several old family Bibles.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• 3...

2 are KJV and mine is NWT

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:01 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'm looking at 4 just in this room. Plus 2 reference books, a word-study book and 2 Bible journals. Got 1 in the car, 1 in DHs frac bag, 1 in the office and a few still put away. I have lots, and many translations. I never use just one for study.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• 4
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Off the top of my head, I have at least 8.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i have no idea, but its a lot! i have 2 teen Bibles from high school (both NIV), one a study & one a devo. my DH & i both got Bibles from our churches for graduation, NAS. i have a Spanish/English Bible thanks to a class i took where the teacher made us by it, i think its NIV. for another class DH & i both had to buy an NES b/c it was the professors preferred translation. we have a family Bible thats NKJV, but we never use it (its huge). and then my DH's grandfather gave him a Message Bible for college grad.

so thats...9 Bibles. we use the NES & the NIV for the most part...easier to read
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I have one in my house. Its the KJV.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• We have 4.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Just one (King James) because it is a family heirloom and has been in my family since 1872.  It has all the births, deaths and marriages of my ancestors and has been passed down from namesake to namesake.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Four
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:58 AM on Aug. 18, 2009