My labor was not as bad as i thought it would be anyone else think it would be worse then it was?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was in labor for 2 hours and pushed for 1. I had a vaginal birth with no drugs. After I delivered my son, I turned to my husband and said, 'That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be'. Everyone thought I was crazy! lol
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 11:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My second labor was AMAZING!
    I laughed and joked through the whole thing (8 hours), we all had fun!
    Yes, it was hard, hurt, and all, but I had learned so much from my first labor!! I made everything muuuuch better. ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I was in labor for 3 1/2 hours and pushed for 20mins, natural vaginal delivery...I was actually amazed at how quickly I progressed. Labor was hard and pretty painful...but pushing and giving birth, felt AMAZING! That was the most awesome part!
    I think it was easier than I expected only because I had expected to be in labor for like 12hrs, lol. And I expected the pushing and actual birth the most painful part...but pushing felt so good and I felt NO pain when my son was born!
    It was a beautiful ending to a blissful pregnancy!!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My 2nd was like that. Hard labor was only about 2 hours and even that wasn't bad. I pushed 5 times and she was out. In fact, labor was so fast I didn't make it to the hospital! My mom helped me deliver in the guest room!
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 11:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I had 2 great deliveries...Dr. said I was made for having babies, lol. I had a root canal last year, I would gladly do labor again over another root canal.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my first was hard 16 hrs long, and my epidural failed. and i tore
    my second 14 hrs but my epi worked no tears
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• mine was painful, for sure, but wayyy less than I expected. I thought I would wimp out and beg for an epidural, but I did fine without it. so i surprised myself! I had this horrible idea in my head of how it would be and it was nowhere near as bad as I expected.
    stykir

Answer by stykir at 11:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I thought it was going to be hell on earth. It really wasn't that bad. Right after my oldest was born I was ready to do it again...... With my second I was laughing through out labor because my water would gush with each contractions and for some reason I thought that was just the funniest thing. He was a big baby got stuck too far down for a C section so I had a nurse on me pushing on my stomach me also pushing the Doctor had a vacuum on his head and he came into the world pitching a fit. I was tired but really for as bad as it sounds it really wasn't that bad. I could have handled worse.....

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I have back pains now that are way worse than my labor was. In fact, I was in labor and did not know it because everyone said "Oh- you'll know - it will be a pain like no other." And back then I was a tiny tiny person. (I miss those days)
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 2:32 PM on Aug. 18, 2009