Is there a forum or a group where parents answer questions, don't post unsolicited opinions or pass judgment?

I’m looking for some help finding some learning materials for my girls. However as soon as I post what I’m looking for and why, a rage of jealousy seems to over take many parents and they don’t answer the question, they just tell me I’m a terrible parent.

My children are not brilliant, they’re just advanced and all I’m looking for are answers – not opinions.
Is there a forum or group for “not so brilliant parents with academically advanced children?” Where we can ask a question and get an actual answer?

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 11:05 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Happy Homeschoolers
    Secular Homeschooling

There is NEVER any bashing, degrading, or anything of the sort in these groups. Everyone is VERY helpful & respectful.

Even if your kids are enrolled in a public or private school... if you're trying to help them advance or working to improve skills, that counts as "homeschooling" with us.....
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i wish there was one! but i think we're out of uck there, sister! ;)
    as to your question- have you gone and browsed a big book store like borders? they should have some workbooks that you and your kids can do together, like a little 'at home curriculum".
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 11:13 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If women are involved.... doubtful.
    LolaCherryCola

Answer by LolaCherryCola at 11:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• when people are allowed to speak freely, they tend to release more manure than anything. Sucks you couldn't get the help you wanted. Hope you find it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• anon 10:22
    no she does not want answers/opinions to agree with her
    she wants answers to question, her question is not an opinion question/answer
    she wants to know where to get books, supplies etc to help her children learn
    that is not open for opinion, unless you have an opinion on the learning system mentioned
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• questioner
    just ignore the "nasties"
    a lot of nice people on here too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Anonymous 11:41, THANK YOU! That's exactly it. If someone said "I use system XYZ" and you did also and hated it, I want to know that. I'm looking for support via books, supplies, and stories of other parents doing the same thing. I learn better when I hear how other parents have done what I am attempting to do.

Laura1229, Thank you, I'll check those out.
    My oldest is going into public school, so I'm glad to here they allow us non-homeschoolers.

LolaCherryCola, oh so right! LOL
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 11:51 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• http://www.ctd.northwestern.edu/ is a great place to start, though I have no idea what topics you are looking for.

Why do you care about rude remarks from total strangers?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It's not that I care, as much as the rude remarks derail the post. I've ask the same question probably 6 times in the past 3 months and usually end up deleting the question because I will receive 25 opinions, people arguing and no actual help.

Thank you for the link, I'll check it out.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 12:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• And that is exactly what will happen when you post a question on a public message board....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009