is anyone else falling into a depression over being jobless?!

I been out of college for about a month, since then I have applied for approx 9 jobs, with no avail. Its getting really tough, my car payments have been late, I struggle to pay the furniture bill every week, and Im trying hard to potty train my 2 year old because the thought of buying diapers every week sucks. While in college I worked 2 jobs, but had to quit those and move to another city for my mandatory internship, which sucked, but couldn't find anything in my area. My husband works all day and does his best to provide, but it seems like its getting harder. I stay on the computer at least 5 hours a day searching for jobs as much as 50miles away, but nothing. Now i find myself stressed and depressed, not eating, not sleeping, just sitting there on the computer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• seriously, there is a difference in worrying and letting those worries control my life. it's hard for a lot of people but don't let it affect you in such a way that you start to lose YOU. make your job search a matter of prayer - and don't expect God to answer your prayers right away. in the meantime continue to live your life the best way you can. if a job does become available what kind of condition will you be to accept it. will you quickly snap out of it. girl do the best you can, in these hard times that's about all any of us can do. be concerned but don't stress - that's not gonna help you be a good wife and mother to your child. look for a job but don't obsess; don't let it get the best of you.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my father is in the depression.
    everyone around him is finally getting interviews and a job.
    and he's still stuck, 2 years looking and still nothing.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Try finding a part time job (like waitress on the weekends) so you can bring in some extra cash while looking for jobs. I'm not sure what your degree is in, but try making a deal with an employer like volunteering for a few weeks or interning for free for a few weeks and then they have to make a decision to hire you while keeping your weekend job. I know it's a lot, but in this economy sometimes you have to go the extra mile. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I know hoe you feel. I am a college graduate, I have taught school for the last 3 years. This year I do not have a job, and on top of that I am pregnant. I found out I was pregnant a week after being told I did not have a job. I have always struggled with depression, but it has really been hard the last few months. Especially when people start asking me when do I start back this year. I am just trying to keep my head up and tell myself that God wants me somewhere else. I don't know where right now, and it is hard, but I am trying to trust and wait on Him.
    mama2b1230

Answer by mama2b1230 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• mama2b is right, when you get that job that you have been waiting for you will know it is the right place for you. I don't know if you are Christian or not and I am not preaching to you or anything, but you will be put in the right place at the right time. Just hang in there, know that you will be okay. Have you tried advertising in the local paper for cleaning jobs? Maybe there is someone who needs their house cleaned and will be willing to pay a decent amount for it. I know when I worked for a lady who owned her own cleaning company, she made anywhere from $100-$300 per house, which took typically 2-4 hours to clean. Have you thought about opening a home daycare, if you live in a house that is conducive to home daycare? Many parents are looking for inexpensive child care. That would bring in a little money. Just keep looking, that job for you is out there.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'm Sorry! I feel for you it will happen.. My oldest DD is deep in Debt! And had to pay her own way through college. Even bought her own Braces! Major Health bills were over $70,000! My DH & I are Jobless! Its my Birthday tomorrow. And 11 Days later our Wedding Anniversary. 29 Years! We never could get me A ring, For Wedding or the 25TH Wedding Anniversary, or A Honeymoon, Vacation, Weekend Away. Etc,.. We had A Flood & can't Repair the Damages! My Health is Awful! I'm Sad & SO depressed. DD is 25. Due anyday with her 3rd Baby! She will soon be jobless. Her DH already is.. We can't Help! As they struggle & can't Afford their house or Car or Food or needful things!! My SIL's Dad never cared about his son or kids! Don't pay bills but can drop hundreds in the Bar! But Can't buy for his Kids or Grandkids! But somehow lost $80,00? Its Sad! His wife & kids go without! I'm past Sad & Depressed! Good Luck To all like us! Hugs !
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2009