If you were jobless....

young, healthy, your family's going without, and you cant get a normal job to support your family, what would you do? Would you try to start your own home based business based on a great skill you have? Would you join the military? Would you go stay with relatives and just work a low-paying job? Do you have other options? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• know a young mom who is layed off, husband is working. She infrmed us she was layed off and would like to do odd jobs. My mom hired her to clean for a day before company came ($10 hr cash). I hired her for 3 days to babysit my dd ($25/ day) it was all stuff she could do with her son. lots of people need a little help and would pay for it. Even to have their grass cut a few times just for a break.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Probably any one of those things. I'd also mow lawns, do laundry, take in ironing, babysit, run errands, heck I might even hang out at the VFW and dance with old men for tips. LOL If my kids are hungry I will do anything shy of selling their respect for me to feed them.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My mom has also hired layed off women to pull weeds and put down mulch.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'd start a cleaning business of my own. In other words yes, I would try to gain employment by doing my own thang. Asking for help from relatives is not always a fun option but an option none the less. You'd be surprised who may be willing to help you if you're honest and forth coming in letting them know that you've fallen on hard times. I wouldn't give them a song and dance about paying it back by a specific time either. Pay it back when you are back on your feet.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i offered to clean an office this summer so i could afford childcare and still be able to have a fun summer. childcare eats my fun money when i need it most so a business owner lets me clean in the summer and they get a break from it. They dont want to pay all year but the deal works for both of us and then i earn my money.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If my children are hungry yes i would do ANYTHING my children WILL NEVER GO WITHOUT even if that means that i have to sell everything I own, ect...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would do whatever I could. I would look for a job, take one, then look for something better.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:36 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If I were young and healthy and had a least a bit of common sense why couldn't I get a normal job? Not even everyone working at McDonald's meet all those qualifications..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Try living in Michigan. A new Sonic just opened up and over 1500 people applied to work there. I took a job at Lowe's and knew quite a few folks there with degrees.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 12:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I'd be an exotic dancer. SOMETHING.
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 1:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2009