do second babies come faster then 1st ones??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Everyone is different. With my second he was late.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My 1st I was 42 weeks. With this one I am now 41 weeks. I have heard if the first one was late then the second one will be to. But that is just hear say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• DO you mean earlier or does labour go faster. My first and second were both 6 days late, but my second labour was 12 hours as compared to 24 hours with my first. Generally second and subsequent labours are faster, not for every woman and every baby, but generally they are. It's because your body has been through it before and knows what to do.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Not always..depends on the size of the baby and so many other factors. No pregnancy is alike. With my first pregnancy I had hives twice...which didn't happen with the second. Also with my second I had to do alot more pushing in order for the baby to come out.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:57 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• no not always . Mine didn't.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My second labor was 18 hours. My first was 4 hours. Each pregnancy is different and each child. My DH insists Kaylee just didn't want to come out.
    Moogie1005

Answer by Moogie1005 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• On average yes. They usually come earlier and labors are faster. My second was actually later then my first (first 10 days early and second 5 days early), but the labor was about 3 hours shorter.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2009