Just a little worried..

I'm 32 weeks pregnant with my first child and I just had a rather large amount of discharge. It had no smell, kind of mucus like, and only a small tint of yellow color. My mother says I should call the doctor, my sister-in-law says it's probably normal... Should I call or should I just monitor it? A little more advice would help me tremendously. Thank you in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you're probably starting to lose your mucus plug, which is normal. it could still be a few weeks before you even start feeling contractions and things, but if you do experience them (continous, get worse, cant sleep or walk/talk thru the) then i'd call the dr.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I was also going to say it sounds like your mucus plug. But if your still concern call the doctors office.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 12:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i was having the same thing from the time i turned 30wks til now and im 40wks and about to blow...it sounds normal...it just probably looks funny almost like ur vagina sneezed lol
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my advice, it never hurts to call the doctor.. you may think its a stupid question or its nothing but something you think is so little could be a huge deal.. that happened to me when i woke up not being able to breathe with major pains, i thought nothing of it, waited to call the doctor later and found out i passed a gall stone and had to have my gall bladder taken out at 20 weeks, i am currently 31.. so just cause you think its something minor it really could be something major.. i would call anyway and mark it down, so that way if the doc asks you about it at your next appt you have notes to look back on as well.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009