Prostitutes vs. porn?? A lil graphic...

So I was watching some talk show yesterday and they are saying porno-graphic videos should be illegal bc it is prostitution. whether it be male or female. They state you are selling yourself for money, the only diffrence between "porn" actors is there is no risk of disease or death..and the government..cant tax prostituation... so is porn just safe prostitution? The more and more i think about this situation the more conflicted i get.. bc i see a valad point. and then i start to wonder.. why to prostituites go to jail for something attresses and actors can get paid for?? is it only illegal bc the government cant tax.. i dont know. really its the idviduals life so do as you please. to me to do either.. is a lil off.. but what do you ladies think.. ?>?????

audreybaby

Asked by audreybaby at 11:51 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That is true they are prostitutes. They will never make them illegal because they make $$$$$$$$$. They have the money to fight any politician that tries.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Prostitution is not illegal because it makes a lot of people very rich. Prostitution is illegal because only pimps get rich and it helps spread disease. And the prostitutes are treated terribly.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Sexuality is an basic drive. My husband watches porn, and I think nothing of it. Reason why, I trust him. He understands the line drawn, because he draws it himself too. He is very concerned about his physical health as much as I am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• For the actors who make the films, I believe this to be an honest pay. People who buy into the porn should already know what porn is all about. Just like many street prostitutes, I don't blame them as much for (needing to survive) as their "Johns" who bring disease to their families.

A "John" can't blame to prostitute for the disease he got.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Actually in Nevada it is taxed, and the risk for diseases is greatly reduced because the prostitutes are tested frequently, and they will lose their licence if they are caught not using protection. The brothels keep it safer for the johns and the girls. Yeah the brothel still makes more than the girls which is not the best, but it is no where near as bad as the illegal pimp set up and there is no abuse either.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I know alot of people who watch porn and i think nothing of it. i just think that it is wrong one can be called honest living while one is considered to be dirty.. so if a protistute puts a camera in the room while she is gettin sex.. does that make it legal?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I feel sorry for anyone who sells themselves to the sex industry. The lack of self esteem and self worth is great. I lost my sister to the porn industry. She was in over 250 films she died of a drug overdose her producers and most of the other actors all use drugs. When I think of some couple masterbating to her videos I want to vomit. They are sick people she was in trouble and couldn't get out. She tried but her contract wouldn't allow for it she had 50 more films to make or pay them 1 million bucks. She just took more drugs to cope with multiple men having sex with her. She was 15 years old when she was in her first movie. The producers forged documents. She was still living at home and going to school when the movie came out. Her teacher commented to her later he saw her in the film and then told our parents. They tried to help her but it was too late. Porn industry is sick and does not care about the women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i'm confused not all prositutes work for a pimp regardless of the pimp i would agree with you it's shouldn't be legal either way. the girls on tv or online get tested and are safer. um how is their mental state or how about their bodies. they say they loose all sexual feelings cause they get desentisized. i think that in it self is harmful. also what about little girls in porn movies are they being safe or the incest porn you get online. thats not legal. i don't think any of it should be inspite of who profits who gets paid or who doesn't. i think men who watch porn contribute to the inmoral of our government cause of what you mentioned and the inmorals of this world. when i say not all prositutes don't work for pimps i have known girls who just place ads in magazines and meet the guys directly and pocket the money. it's not fair to the gilrs who are are porn stars. as if they are lesser then the one being filmed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I guess you can say porn stars are kinda like prostitutes. They're definitely on the same spectrum; they get paid to have sex! ;)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• "I guess you can say porn stars are kinda like prostitutes. They're definitely on the same spectrum; they get paid to have sex! ;)"

Yes, I see that too. Also, a woman can sleep with the entire football team for free, and that isn't illegal. A woman can have a sugar daddy to pay all her expenses while she gives him sex, and that's legal. It really doesn't make sense.

I think prostitution should be legalized. You can do everything BUT, and get paid for it, you can do it for free. Having a law against it doesn't stop it.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2009