Is giving birth actually as horrible and painful as it sounds?

KayLundy3

Asked by KayLundy3 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i hope not lol
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 11:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It really depends on the person giving birth. Both of my births were totally different. It was painful. You can choose to have meds or go without. With my first I didn't have any with my second I did but it really depends on the person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• no most people blow it up out of proportion. If it is soooo bad why do most women have more than 1 child?? My mother had 9 kids and still wanted more. To me it is kinda like a fishing story it grows bigger with each telling...... Yes there are some women out there who have truly had a hard time but from my experience those are few and far between. I won't lie yes it can hurt it is uncomfortable. But if you stay healthy during your pregnancy do what your doctor says and learn how to do the breathing you will have a much easier time

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Everybody has different experiences. My birthing experience wasn't bad at all. Some women just can't handle pain as well as others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Everyone is so different and every birth is totally different. With my first I had somewhat uncomfortable contractions, but nothing that was to unbearable and pushing him out wasn't too bad. With my second I could hardly tell I was having a contraction and didn't beleive the dotocr when she said I was fully dilated until 2 contractions later I felt the urge to push. She came out upside down and that hurt quite a bit more then pushing my son out, but overall neither was that bad.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I agree that everybody has different experiences. And I think it all depends on the labor and the pain threshold involved.
    I have a pretty high pain tolerance, and even I thought labor was painful. I was in labor (from start to birth, no meds) for little less than 4hrs---HARD labor was about 2hrs. I pushed my son out in 20mins. pushing was a HUGE relief! it felt amazing to push, and I felt NO pain when my son was finally born, it was beauitful!

Just know that you are made for this and your body knows what it's supposed to do--so you just have to let it do it's job! Prepare and educate yourself and know your options! Knowledge will be your best tool!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Well I think it varys, depending on who you ask and what their labor/deliveries were like and what their tollerance for 'pain' is.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my delivery was easy and simple.
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 12:22 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Quite frankly, if you work yourself up and convince yourself that it will be awful, it probably will be. Just don't worry about it and go with the flow. You can decide if it was awful once it is done.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 12:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No i didn't think it was bad at all. Its funny because I would always watch the baby shows on TLC and I would watch these women like scream bloody murder and I would think to myself, " Wow I am not looking forward to this."
    But it wasn't bad at all. All in big thanks to that wonderful thing they call "Epidural" =]
    And once you see your little one, all the pain was more than worth it
    masonsmama0906

Answer by masonsmama0906 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009