my 4 yr. old son is allways wanting something to drink, i want to know if this is a sign that i need to talk to a Dr. about?

texasunicorn

Asked by texasunicorn at 11:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Not to alarm you, it could be nothing, but I think that is an early sign of juvenile diabetes, I'd definitely ask the doctor to be safe.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Fill a sports bottle with water and leave it out so he can have a drink whenever he wants one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• One of the signs of diabetes is excessive need for liquid. I'd have it checked out and if it's nothing, it's nothing and you don't have to worry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Could be diabetes or could be nothing. My son carries around a water bottle and will drink constantly. But he's been tested for diabetes and other problems but he's fine he just needs more hydration than other kids his age.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I as an adult have always been extremely thirsty, my two kids are extremely thirsty. Next doctors appt. mention it to the doctor, but as for excessive worry, Most kids are extremely thirsty.
    Jesusfanatic

Answer by Jesusfanatic at 3:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2009