I want to go back to school

I am trying to go back to school. I just started working at a nursing home and in about 6 months they are going to pay for me to take my CNA class. After I finish my CNA, I want to get my LPN. Would it be a smart idea to go ahead and start taking my Gen Eds now so that I have less to do later? And with fianancial aid, I owe a school $800 still from classes before, will that show up and keep me from getting finacial aid?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 11:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in

• I don't think it would effect whether or not you get FA, and yes, you should ABSOLUTELY start taking your classes now, especially if you have the time and energy to do so.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Good for you!
    Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• yes the sooner you take those generals the better off you will be... I am actually a CNA and I just started a FT radiography tech program and those generals are just annoying and what you need to get into programs so get them done. As far as the money owed yes it will probably show so you may need to take care of that. You can apply online and when you do that it will probbaly show on the application somewhere...my old student loan shows on there. Need to keep all balances and student loans up to date to get help.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Lucky Girl I wish I has in your shoes, I'm so tired of scrubbing toilets..Icant get financial aid cause hubby hasnt filed his taxes in 12 years. =[ So I'm stuck in a rut. My jobs dont make enough to get a return I guess and not worth even reporting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Pay off what you owe from before because you won't get financial aid if you don't. Take the general ed classes before starting the degree classes, it will be that much less stressful on you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2009