Waking up at 1 AM?!~Teething?~

I have a few questions. Ok, my 14-month old daughter has been waking up every morning for the past week at 1 am, just screaming her little head off. First, do any of you have this problem? If so, what is the cause, and what do you do?
My initial thought was that she might be getting her 2-year molars (she has all of her other teeth, and the only other time she has acted this way was when she was getting teeth) but I have felt back there and I cannot feel anything, they don't look swollen, and it doesn't seem to help if I give her something to soothe teething.
PLEASE HELP I NEED TO GET MY SLEEP BACK!

Tiera12

Asked by Tiera12 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she could be having nightmares! this would happen with my son when he was younger and i never knew what the reason was because he really couldn't tell me. and now when he wakes up screaming he tells me what happened and i can comfort him :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Night terrors.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My daughter did the same thing about 3 weeks ago - Since she always sleeps well, I called the peds. Turns out she had an ear infection. No other symptoms other than the disturbed sleep.
    evasmom178

Answer by evasmom178 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Two year old molars seem to take forever to come up.

It's a possibility their moving without visible signs yet...but keep your eyes peeled for other signs (pink cheeks, drooling, change in appetite, etc).
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2009