Can you have kidney pain from a hemroid?

My SO has had a painful hemroid for maybe 1-2 months and won' get it checked out. Yesterday he was really dizzy and nauseous now today he's complaining about his kidneys hurting. So if you don't take care of the hemroid can it develope into something more serious in the kidneys?

lilybug524

Asked by lilybug524 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Health

• I'm not a doctor but can't see the connection. The hemorrhoid is connected to the solid waste system while the kidneys is a separate system. However, if there is some bacterial problem (usually with the waste system) the bacteria can go in to the urinary tract. Usually women have the problem but I guess men can have it.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Sounds more like kidney stones.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I work with colorectal patients- and you would be amazed at the number of patients who think they have hemorrhoids and it turns out to be more- a cyst or worse. I don't want to scare you- but I would make him go to the doctor. The other symptoms sound more like kidney alone- but if he is dizzy and in pain- drag him to the doctor. Men can be such babies.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Sounds like a Kidney infection but he needs to see a MD. Men don't usually get UTI's and they can indicate a problem with the prostate ...which MAYBE could be confused with a hemorrhoid. However most hem bleed and protrude from the rectum, some are exclusively internal and some dont bleed ..long story short , go to the doctor.
    jamiinvegas

Answer by jamiinvegas at 1:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2009