Ok, seriously....how?

How can you let someone go who means everything to you? The person you think about all the time, and love with all your heart, how can you let them go even when you know it's the best for both of you? Dying inside here....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• You know someone means everything to you when you'd rather see them happy without you than miserable with you.

They're always in your heart, but you have to fill the hours w/ something else so you don't cry 24/7.

Time to take up some hobbies, girl! You'll make it through! G'luck!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It hurts but you learn to get through it, one day at a time, step by step...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If it's best for both, then you just do it.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

I agree totally.. Well said...
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I wish I had an answer for you. Letting someone go, even when you know it's for the best, is never easy.

I also wish I could say it gets easier, but really, I think you just adapt to the new way you feel without them.

I can't make it better, but I can offer this: I completely empathize. I have been there and done that and I know how badly *I* hurt. I can't say I know exactly how I feel, but I know how I felt in a similar situation.

I hope you'll accept a virtual hug? *HUGS*
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• no answer as to how but what is best? since you know just plug away.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Letting go is always the hardest thing that you have to do. Yes, it will hurt and you will probably cry, but if you had the strength to say goodbye then you have the strength to make it through. I don't know your situation, but I do feel for you. At least you have the comfort of knowing that of the many women on this site, you will find solace and therapy with them.

Wow, I sound all mushy. Anyway, good luck and I wish you the best in what you're going through.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 1:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• wow..i think we are living the same life..are you married to him? well i have no idea really how to let go..i desperatly love him and pictured myself being married to him forever:( but i guess its not whats supposed to happen for me..its hard..i got maybe 4 hours of sleep last night because i was so sad and felt helpless..but heres what i say and make myself repeat it every once in awhile during the day...THIS IS NOT AN ENDING, THIS IS A BEGINNING. stay strong. we can do it.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• *OP* We are not married, but I want a life with him. It's just not going to work , he won't work at it so I just feel helpless. I know I do not need a man to complete me, I know that. I'm a strong, independant woman, I have my own place, pay my own bills, work hard and I'm getting ready to go back to school. It's just nice to have someone to share all of that with, and when we first started dating we had such a connection. I just cant understand what changed. I"m really down over this but I guess life goes on, right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2009