Anyone ever had a cerclage placement?

After losing a baby at 21 weeks I was diagnosed with incompetent cervix, so with the next pregnancy I had a cerclage placement but it didn't hold and I had the baby at 26 weeks (she survived), now we are ttc again and are debating wether or not we should have another cerclage placement. I say I wouldn't have gone as long as 26 weeks withouth it, but I am afraid to not have one for fear of losing the baby, also I am debating whether or not to get pregnant again at all due to my history of premature births. But I am so wanting another baby so bad, and want my dd to have a sibling. We are a small family and don't want to leave my dd alone in this world when we are gone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I agree TOTALLY with not wanting your child to be an only child. We specifically had our 2nd so that our son had a life long friend and someone to share all of the joys of his life with. However... I did not have a high risk pregnancy with him at all. Had I lost a baby and then carried one just long enough for her to be an EXTREMEMLY micro-preemie, I personally wouldnt risk another pregnancy.

But... if you chose to TTC again, then I would encourage you to do the curlage
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2009