How much would you spend on an immediate family members wedding gift?

Say a brother or sister (that you like)

sararsara

Asked by sararsara at 11:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• I gave my brother and SIL five times what I would give any other couple. I also had two young daughter's in the wedding party. I think a gift is a better if you need to be watching what you spend. I would consider a few shares in a company that is significant for them. It doesn't have to be expensive, it is unique and hopefully, grows over the years!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 11:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• This may sound silly, but this is a great go to gift that no one things of, and can vary in price. A fire-safe safe. They need to keep their important documents(like their marriage certificate) somewhere. I don't have a lot of money, so that's the type of thing that I would get. Hope it helps!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 11:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Well, for most weddings (non family) I usually give around $100. However, when my brother got married, we gave them $500 and bought them some things from their registry (about another $200)... I only have one brother, he and I are pretty close.
    Ethans_Mom0323

Answer by Ethans_Mom0323 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I would get something meaningful...not have a specific amount I would spend. I would think in then $100 range, but it depend on what I can find in the way of a meaningful gift.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Probably $50, but that's because I'd already be in the wedding party and have spent lots of money on the bridal shower, bach party, and wedding day things. (my sister is getting married in 2 years and I'm in the wedding...I'm really not stuck-up, lol)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Depends on what you can afford. An amount that would make a difference. If you can afford designer purses, clothes, dinners out, I'd say at least $1000. In contrast, if you don't eat out, shop at discount stores, I'd get them a gift, instead.
    NikiLukaMom

Answer by NikiLukaMom at 5:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I would give them money. Enough that is significant, but that you don't have to go into debt for. They're going to be your family for a long time.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• DEPENDS HOW MUCH YOU CAN GIVE. IS IT THEIR FIRST MARRIAGE? BUT I DO 100.00 & UP ON THE GIFT, &IT DEPENDS ON THE CASH AMOUNT. ~KAY
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 8:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2008