doubts about being a mom

ok so heres the thing...idk what to do anymore...my hubbys gma and mom are both critizing me for everything i do! im about to be induced on tuesday because of good reasons...and both of them are saying stuff like ' i guesss there is a difference between strong women of our day and ur day' and when i tell them im breastfeeding they say 'oh ull just give up,its too hard for u' also when they asked me if im getting an epidural and say yes they say 'oh well i just dont have respect for women that wimp out like that,i didnt need one'........when i talk to my hubby about this he doesnt see it! mainly because they are two faced and act so supportive when he is around! and when i told them the name we've picked out "jolene jozlin" they say 'oh thats horrible i dont like that' and thats when i started getting pissed and told them that my hubby was the one who picked it out! plz anyone help me...should i just stick it to them or what?

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would just ignore them and do things your own way screw what they say it's your baby not theirs so just let them blow it out their asses and dont let it bother you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• You have to try and cut out the negative in your life I am not saying to stop talking to them but let it go in one ear and out the other hun this is your baby you do what you want to do and what makes you happy ....trust me if her old but could of has a eppi she would of okay lol lol.....focus on your baby and you its time to rest and enjoy your life GOOD LUCK

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Remember, success is the best revenge!

Answer by rkoloms at 12:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Umm stick it to them!!! This is YOUR baby had YOUR way and just because theyre jealous that they had to kick and scream theyre way through their labor and you get to ennjoy your lil one coming into the world is no reason for them to CRITICISE you!!! Here's a good one tell the doctors and nurses at the hospital you dont want either of these women anywhere NEAR your baby. Not to let them touch or even LOOK at your baby. Dont let them in the room and when you go home dont let them visit. I did this with my MIL and her ass LEARNED to at least fake nice to me if she wanted to see my kid. hahaha
    Anonymous

• You have two choices. Say what your thinking and piss them off or just ignore them. I have put up with side comments from in-laws for years and when I finally said something back, it made one of them mad and we have barely spoken since. The fact is when we were born, breastfeeding was a put down on women and epidurals weren't very common. Times have changed! You may get into labor and not need one. It may move too quickly, like my first did, and you will not have time to get one. Either way, you are no less a mother. Breastfeeding is hard and it takes time to get used to it. I nursed both of mine and since they ate every 2 hours, everyone thought they were starving!! Offer them information on it to read and be confident in yourself!! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would not pay them any mind! What goes on with your body and your baby is your business! If they do not like it they can keep the comments to quiet.

Do not worry about how they had their child! You have to do what is the best for you!

If I were in your shoes I would tell them this is not the 50's and modern medicine is here to help, so there is no reason why we should not use it! If they dont like it, oh well!
    TheWAHM

Answer by TheWAHM at 12:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Tell them you need some time for yourself because otherwise they will become toxic to you and your baby. They obviously don't respect your decisions so without support what are you getting from them. You need lots of hugs and love and support right now. You go girl. Your life, your child.
    Tell them you need support right now.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• just tell em to shut up then walk away.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• why some people think they can say anything to a mom to be or new mom is beyond me
    some people are as rude as rude can be

try to ignore, find humor in their insane comments, and know you are doind what is best for your baby, yourself and your family

ps
    your husband needs to have a backbone and to be supportive of you IN FRONT of his family, tell him this!
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Just don't pay them an attention. Older women can act this way. my own mom acts this way and I don't pay attention to her.
    littlemommy81

Answer by littlemommy81 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2009