constipated 2 month old?

I was reading that breastfed babies hardly ever get constipated... but my 2 month old hasn't had a BM in a couple of days. I did give her 2 2.5 ounce bottles of formula on the run the other day, IDK if that matters or not..
How do you tell if a baby is constipated, and what do you do? I am going to call the pediatrician, it just usually takes them FOREVER to get back to me. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal for breastfed babies to go a couple of days without a stool. Lookout, when the stool comes it should still be like a breastfed stool and huge. I don't know how the formula will have affected your baby. Just one bottle can cause changes to the digestive system that can take weeks to recover.

For mor info go to www.kellymom.com
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• We once tried soy formula (my son is lactose intolerant) and it majorly constipated him. It's OK to go a few days without poops - if it comes out hard, and looks like grown-up poop, then baby is constipated. Our ped says to give 1/4 tsp DARK Karo syrup 2x a day - if you can put it in a bottle of expressed milk, that's the easiest way to go.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 1:21 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Maybe u should give ur baby a liq.vitamin or maybe she is lactose intolerant? Switching formulas can cause constipation also
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 1:38 PM on Aug. 18, 2009