School Supplies??????

Am I the only procrastinator on here? I have not bought any of my kids stuff, yet. I have to wait until payday this Friday. They start next Tuesday.

BrandonsMom1000

Asked by BrandonsMom1000 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in

• I didn't so much procrastinate as I was told the community was going to buy all my daughter's school supplies and then they didn't. (How do you keep yourself from not getting mad since some is better than not at all?) So the rest of her school supplies were sent over the course of a few days as I could get them. And before I get bashed about it, I didn't ask for help its just something the indian community does for its members. Last year they gave out checks and we went and got them ourselves, then turned in the reciept and school supply list to varify why we bought what we did, this year they decided to do it different to get more participation and it just didn't work out as well.
    mrsnoble2004

Answer by mrsnoble2004 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I always wait till meet the teacher night which is usually that thursday before school starts so I am shopping that weekend before. I just buy what is needed and nothing extra so I rather wait. My kids already started though...
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Fortunately my kid had enough leftovers so he didn't need anything for today (the 1st day of school). Let's see what the supply lists have to say.
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• They gave my son a packet at the end of the school year that had a list of what he would need the following year. ........... It was pretty easy when i went to the grocery store they had it all ,took us 15 min to pick it all out ............  & out the door ,He has not started school yet but i'm sure the teachers will have a "Wish List"

LeosMom3

Answer by LeosMom3 at 6:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Good luck with that. I went to Target yesterday and there isn't much left.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I went to the penny sales at office max every week.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 8:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Normally we wait until the week or two before school starts but I picked up the bulk of the stuff back in July. All we have left to get is some paper towels and some random stuff. And my son needs new uniform pants and shoes and my oldest daughter needs new gym shoes and a new gym shirts (hers has a hole in it).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:32 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i've got most of the supplies but have yet to get school clothes!! mine start on monday!! yep im in the same boat!!
    threeboysmama

Answer by threeboysmama at 7:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My Mom surprised me last night. She had went and bought everything for my oldest, but his bookbag. Yea! She is so great.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My kid doesn't start until the 31st and we already went out and bought school clothes, and I picked up a ton of supplies after reading all the lists people have been posting, only to find out last night at his orientation that we don't need anything. The kids can bring a pencil box if they want their own supplies, but otherwise the teacher has everything they need. I figure I will just donate the big box of stuff that I picked up to the school.
    MedicMommyAnne

Answer by MedicMommyAnne at 7:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009