drug test on babies

hello everyone i have a Q.and somewhat a concern, my grandson is 4wks old. he cries all the time i mean all the time! in a way u can say i took him from my daughter.the thing is my daughter did drugs with him the whole 9mo. she was preg.even did drugs the day b4 she went to have him.(WEED) she even did crack cocaine 1x. they tested her and the baby the day of her c.section she came back pos, he was neg. thank god! but he cries all the time..and wants to eat none stop, the eating part i can deal with its the none stop crying and why i am concern is becuz she did drugs with her oldest child and she cried everynight all througfh the night can u say REPEAT!! i have not had any sleep well may a hr are 2 ,well anywho the oldest has ADDHD, omg she can the biggest help and then she go into one of those moods.NOW on top of the baby.daughter num2 has been acting out for over a yr u name it she do it both have ADDHD,drugs wth all 3

6carebears

Asked by 6carebears at 12:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in About CafeMom

• It's bad for mothers to use drugs during pregnancy but actually smoking cigarettes is worse than using cocaine. As long as we aren't doing anything about women smoking we shouldn't be upset about women using cocaine.

It's normal for babies to cry all the time. Women who do everything perfect can have a baby that crys all the time. As a grandmother your grandchildren need your love and care and love and support for their mother.

If your daughter has the love and support she needs it may help her be able to cope with mothering her high needs kids. You can't take them away so being critical won't help.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 1:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If it makes you feel any better, My DD cried NON STOP for her first several months and I didn't smoke, drink or anything else while I was preggo. Some babies just have colic and there is no cure for it. Maybe the baby has gas problems? Try little remedies brand gas relief. It can be found at wal mart and any other pharmacy. I know what you are going thru and I hope they tied your DD;s tubes so she will stop producing kids she can't take care of.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If she tested positive for drug use, why in the hell did the hospital allow her to take that baby home? They shold have called CPS on her immediately! You should take the baby to a pedatrician instead of asking for opinions on a website!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• OMG WHY IN THE HELL IS U GUYS SO MEAN TO FOLKS HERE THIS LADY ASK A Q. 4 THA RECORD I KNOW THIS LADY,SHE TALKED TO HER DAUGHTER NONE STOP ABOUT THE SMOKING.HER DAUGHTER IS A GROWN AZZ LADY ALL SHE COULD DO WAS TALK TO HER DAUGHTR.SHE DIDNT TAKE HIM FROM HER LIKE THAT THE DAUGHTER LEFT HIM THERE AND NEVER CAME BACK SAY SHE COULD NOT DEAL WTH THE WHINNING,so begin the person she is the grandma told her to not come back/ the daughter.that is and yes she did het her tubs tied her mom was there in tha rm. she only ask a freaking Q and u all where really nasty.her mom has had the baby 2ks.as well as the other 2 had the other 2 since they where born. becuz of the daughter,the concern she had was could thier be a chance the drugs and smokes, and c.c. still have had an effect on the baby he has been this way since he went home 4wks ago.she talk about cafamom so much i thought i would look it up,be nice she only ask a Q.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• AW, your an awesome woman to step up and help out. The baby tested neg. which was a good thing. My SOs aunt took in a child like this. only his mom was a crack head, she was high daily. her little boy was born small and has taken forever to catch up. He is still shy and doesnt talk much, only he was born high, and went through withdrawls or something....it was awful.

I would say to look into groups for children born in similar situations, and talk to a pedi about options.....im not sure what else to do other than to take the usual steps to sooth the baby that you would for a child with colic. good luck!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2009