how soon should my baby drop in the womb?

i am 31 weeks and my daughter just dropped last night. i am a little concerned cause i always thought that when the baby drops that means that you will be going into labor soon. i have 8 weeks left, i was scheduled for a c section. should i be concerned and mention this to my doc at my next week visit?

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a couple of false alarms with dropping. My son would look really low for a few days, then float back up high. Dropping doesn't mean much. I didn't actually drop until my water broke. Just be sure to know where all the restrooms are everywhere you go! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• How do you know that she dropped? Maybe she just flipped head down
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• just because she dropped doesnt mean your going into labor just means shes getting ready for it so you could go into labor in 8 wks or 4wks doesnt mean it's going to happen tomorrow
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Nothing to worry about, my baby dropped at 30 weeks. I knew she dropped because I woke up one morning and my belly was a lot smaller looking, it changed shape entirely and i could breathe again :D also she wasn't crushing my ribs anymore! I talked to my doc because i had an appointment that day and she told me that they can drop pretty early but it's not necessarily an indication of labor coming soon.
    javila

Answer by javila at 1:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• its weird that you say that, because the day after i felt her drop, not even 12 hours later she was back in my ribs.. and like someothers have said, the reason how i know she dropped was cause my stomach was oddly shappen and i could breathe.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2009