My DH has gained weight an gets so upset about it. I think he blames me !

I love to cook yet what I cook for the family is not what I eat. I dont like meat or fish , I eat more veggies and salads which I also include in my DH and kids meals. My husband wants meat almost everyday or will eat out during lunch. I have seen his ordering and its 2 burgers fries chicken tenders and large drink. He gets home for dinner very late 8 or 9 pm eats and off to bed wakes up at 4am. He really dosent have time for any sports, activity, or anything. I know these last 2 yrs He has gained 30 pounds. Yesterday he had a fit he is to fat, his pants hurt when he bends to tie his shoes, his work clothes is to tight & he was a 34 waist and is a 38 now. I dont see he looks bad hes 6'2" and I think hes fine NOT fat or Skinny ... He was so upset at his weight ( I found it funny) Im 22 weeks preg, & have gained 10 pounds so he gets mad. I dont eat half of what he eats ANY ideas ?

ehall13

Asked by ehall13 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• He needs to discipline himself and take the blame...he is the one shovelling it into his mouth. You have to burn like 3500 calories to lose 1 pound.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• He seems to be just a typical guy going through an emotional spasm...lol. Just make healthier food for dinner. Don't eat something totally different than the family, but you don't have to put the meat on your plate. When my kids were picky eaters, I made pot roast with veggies...My daughter would eat the meat, but no veggies; and my boys would eat the veggies, but no meat...I simply didn't give my daughter any of the veggies, and didn't give the boys any meat. Also try to get him to for a walk with you after he eats his dinner, then let him go to bed?
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It is HIS fault. You don't have to accept that blame. He has to count his calories and get up and exercise.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Could you pack him a salad for lunch? Obviously it is up to him what he puts in his mouth but maybe if he had a healthier lunch & healthy snacks throughout the day it would help him stay away from the burgers & fries.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 7:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2009