contractions

This is my 3rd pregnancy, 1 living child, 1 miscarry.. i never felt contrations with my son and i am concerned that i will never know when i am having contractions or if i am in labor. these are the pains i have had recently and i am currently 31 weeks pregnant. at first i was having really bad lower back pains, it felt like i was having back spasms. they were so bad i couldnt sleep, couldnt get comfortable, and then it got so bad one day i couldnt get out of bed. after that i started to get really bad lower pelvic pain with the back pain, it felt like i was having really bad menstral cramps. then just the other day i was helping my husband do the dishes, all of a sudden i dropped what i was doing and gripped the counter. it felt like some one kicked me straight through my vagina.. pardon my french.. that happend a couple times.. the weird thing is that i am not leaking, water has not broken, and i have not lost mucus plug..

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your baby could've kicked you straight through the vagina LOL. Well, that's how it feels when mine pushes and moves her head. Especially if I don't pee frequently. It is VERY painful!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would talk to your doctor about, but they don't really sound like actual contractions. They may be bracston contractions, but they do seem pretty harsh for those. I would deffinately ask your doctor. With all 3 of my children, my water did not naturally break, the doc had to break it each time...
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It sounds like it could be normal pains of pregnancy. (*The more pregnancies, the more intense we tend to feel the symptoms & pains...)

Try drinking a LOT of water, eat a healthy snack, sit/lie down & rest.

If you are still feeling something talk with your midwife/OB/nurse.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• The best way to know when they are real contractions is by timing them. If they are lasting about 1 minute and are 5 mins apart from the start of one to the start of another it's time to go to the hospital. What you are feeling is probably practice contractions, I am 36 weeks pregnant and I have been getting that same feeling every now and then.
    MammaMcC

Answer by MammaMcC at 2:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009