what can I feed my nine month old?

hes not tiny by any means its just I am sick of feeding him those damn puffs, wheels, and yogurt melts. He also eats stage 3 food, and stage 2 fruits, I have a mesh bag but I have no clue really what to put in it. The hard part is he has no teeth. I would like to start introducing him to real food

faithfulmomof1

Asked by faithfulmomof1 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Blend and puree anything you eat except peanut butter, honey and foods that may trigger an allergy. I hated the mesh bag too much clean up.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• o.O We chew with our BACK teeth. Babies don't get those until much older. If you can mush it between your fingers, he can eat it. Ground meat, steamed veggies, bits of soft fruit.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• For lunch my 9 month old son had whole wheat pasta (the twirly kind, cut up), peas and diced strawberries. My son eats pretty much what the rest of the family eats, only I cut his up. Other lunches - small bits of cheese, peeled grapes, small pieces of melon, whole wheat bread w/ cheese melted on it, green beans, black beans, yogurt, etc

Answer by missanc at 1:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Dice up what you're eating and put it on a plate for him. Let him go at it.

Teeth don't matter at all. You don't chew with your front teeth, and babies don't get their molars until later.

You're wasting your money with stage 3 foods.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Oh - I forgot. Eggs - my son LOVES scrambled eggs. It used to be that they didn't okay eating the egg white until after the 1st birthday, but recently the AAP has said they haven't seen any difference in allergic reactions between those who ate it before or after the 1st bday. You can look it up on the AAPs website or ask your ped. But you can make scrambled eggs with just the yolk too - I did that for my oldest son when they didn't okay the whites.

Answer by missanc at 1:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i have a 9 month old son too with no teeth and he eats table food, i just make sure whatever i give him is kinda soft. he loves to eat noodles.very easy easy to eat. as for the mesh bag thing stick fresh cut up and peeled apples. or sweet potatos.small things that can be gummed. our is not a picky eater so he will try anything atleast once. he eats everything we do just cut up or small so he can easily chew and pick up on his own. hes very independent.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• oh also it has helped him sleep threw the night better and go ot bed without a bottle. we normally give him some cream fo wheat right before bed and he normally goes down without his bottle (we dont use pacifiers) table food fills them up more. just be careful to introduce things slowly or else it might upset his tummy.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2009