how do you make tweezers grab hold of whatever you're trying to pull out? I use mine to pull the stray hairs and they've lost their grip. I'm tired of buying new ones.

PaulaAnnDom

Asked by PaulaAnnDom at 1:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Sandpaper the inside of the tips.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 1:16 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• The best tweezers to use are by Tweezerman, they are a little pricey at about $20, but you will not have to replace them but every couple of years. They are guaranteed to stay sharp and the company offers free sharpening if they happen to get dull. You can get them at Walgreen's or at Ulta which usually has coupons.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 4:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Inexpensive tweezers don't have a very long life span. You need to make sure to start out with a good pair so they'll last a long time! I've had the same Ergonomic Tweezers from Avon for years and they're still going strong. They're only $5 but have been just as good as the $20 pair I had before these. You can get a pair at www.youravon.com/dhullum (use coupon code fsany for free shipping) Make sure not to let tweezers get wet. Rust can ruin tweezers quickly so drying them off and storing them after each use is important. A lot of women leave them out on the counter or in a humid area like the medicine cabinet and that can ruin them over time. GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2009