Stretching your ears?

anyone done this? i got some earings from hottopic i got a 14 gage in but i want to go to 10 but i can only get the plastic ones that taper.. anyone have any sugg?

ArlieBeeMee

Asked by ArlieBeeMee at 1:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You need to get a 12ga and wear that for a few and then do the 10ga. Do it slowly otherwise you can cause way too much trauma and really open yourself up for infection.

I had an 8ga in my ears for 2 1/2 years, now 3 years later you can barely tell I had anything in there at all. They closed up fairly well and I can barely get a 14ga ring in without it hurting so it isn't always a case of things never closing back up or going back to 'normal' .

I also never had a problem with the bad smell and I never did anything more than washing them when I was in the shower just like I did before and currently without any rings in my ears. I never wore plugs though so maybe that is what made the difference?

KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I did it. I gauged mine to an 8 gauge,a friend did it for me with a metal extender and my ears were sore for three days. But what sucks is that u can no longer wear regular earrings even if u leave out the plug it will never go back to the way it was. And u have to constantly clean your piercing and the plugs cause it will have a smell/your ears will get infected
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 1:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i stretched my ears when i was younger and dumber and i regret it every single day of my life. no joke. i started off by getting the bigger size.taking a hot shower and when i got out i would just pop it threw. then i started tappering with the plastic and metal tappers.this made things a little better but ti still hurt a lot. by the time i was done i could stick my pointer finger threw the hole. even now year and year and years later my holes still have not gone back to "normal" and i can only wear certain earing in them. it sucks. but if this is really what you want to do then tappers are your best bet. and remember to take a hot shower before you do it. use a tiny bit of lub, once you can touch it and play with it without hurting wash them daily and or get some ear cleaning kits from like claires or something.and yes they will smell horrible if not taken care of properly.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2009