If you are breastfeeding..how sacred are your nipples during lovemaking??

Hi ladies, this might be a little weird and maybe tmi...but my husband and I have been sexually active since about 5 days after we had our son. I am breastfeeding and the first 2 weeks were horrible so that was my excuse for my husband not to explore with my breast area during sex...but now (6 weeks pp) I still do not let him explore...he can around the breast but not with my nipples! I told him they are sacred, something about my having my husband nibble on them during love making and then turning around and putting my baby to eat from them bothers me! Just wondering if this feeling is weird or how do you feel about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is almost a year, and I still don't like my nipples touched. It drives my hubby nuts! During sex, it's sometimes okay, but he learned not to suck real quick! LOL I still associate my breasts with my son, and often times, they hurt anyway, so I don't want them touched. Of course, I married a boob guy, so it breaks his heart. It's very common among BFing mamas. You're not alone! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• For me they were somewhat taboo while breastfeeding. That feeling lessened with each child - after my 4th (most recent) I only felt that way for a very short time, until my milk supply was well established and I wasn't leaking all the time. But my dh was very understanding too about how that might be weird for me, and he was very good natured about the milk in the face thing lol

Answer by missanc at 1:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I felt the exact same way as you when I was breastfeeding. I still don't really like it now I think for the same reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I like to use my breasts for a duel purpose of practicality while feeding my daughter, and sexual fun and frivolity during lovemaking. I think it's fun to squirt my husband... lol. Women need to stop being so afraid of still feeling good about their breasts being viewed as sexy post breastfeeding. If you still like em' being played with after you begin breastfeeding your child that by no means, means that you get turned on while feeding your child. Not at all! But if they feel sacred to you, and you truly don't like them being touched by anyone but your child post breastfeeding then that's fine, too. But don't be ashamed if it's the former, there is nothing to be ashamed of. A lot of parents become sexual zombies after they have a child simply because of this shame... have fun, enjoy your spouse.. enjoy sex!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• it isn't taboo for us. it's completely different the way my baby suckles and the way my husband "explores"
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009