Food Stamp question

So as of right now I only recieve medical coverage through the local Job and Family services. My caseworker (is awesome) let me know (my So's hours have been shorter) at my last appointment that I qualify for food stamps. Roughly 200 dollars a month. While we don't go hungry, our cabinets could be much more full. It would really help us out right now- so no bashing please... Should I go ahead and apply, or just let it go because it isn't completely NEEDED??

momma_marian

Asked by momma_marian at 1:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You should apply. You qualify for a reason
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It never hurts to apply.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with having a little help from time to time. I would go ahead and apply, you might find that it is beneficial at least for a little while
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I say go for it. Why not? If it helps it helps. BTW what state are you in? I'm in CA and my friend here is a single mother of a 20 month old and she gets $500/month in food stamps!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I would say go ahead and apply. It could really help you out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• girl i would take it.....i really need it right now and i dont qualify i bust my but work full time cuz my man lost his job but is geting unemployment so i make 400 to much,.....and we have no money for gas and food and stuff we really need...it sucks...so if u qualify then u prob really do need it ...they have the limit of a family of 4 to not gross more then 2,200 a month i alone gross 1,700 and my man on unemployment makes 1,600 we have a lot of bills and car payments u know what they told me I COULD SEEL THE CARS uummm how would i get to work and other stuff???? i think the system is messed up and a lot of people lie to be on it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If you qualify, go for it. Your SO works, which means he pays taxes, which goes to these programs so why shouldn't you benefit from it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• uhm...HAIL TO THE YEAH! and being your new bff you should invite me and my family over to dine on your vittles.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2009