If you breastfed your baby, did your Dh/So find it disgusting?

I ask this question because my good friend brestfeeds her 6 month old, and says that she has to go ot of the room from her dh to do it, because he thinks its gross.

I thought that was a little odd, but wondered if any other moms encountered the same thing?

WishyClarkson

Asked by WishyClarkson at 1:54 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope. My dh even went to my breastfeeding class with me when we were pregnant with our first, he thought it was a little weird at first being there but by the end of the class he was the one asking most of the questions, lol. So needless to say he has been very supportive and actually helpful at times. I'm sorry your friend is dealing with that attitude from her dh, it's hard enough dealing with the negative spin on it from outsiders point of view I'm sure it's harder when you don't even have the support of your dh.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 1:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• How horrible! I am so sorry that your friend is married to such an immature person.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No, my dh was thrilled that I was willing to do something that is so beneficial to our baby.

Answer by missanc at 1:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No, if anything my dh LOVED it. Like it made me more womanly. LOL IDK... I think it is weird in our culture that people can not separate breast as sexual objects from feeding devices.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my sons dad would like it probly like a creep....lol but i thot it was disgusting to breast feed my sons having my body part in him mouth lil weird to me !!!lol
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• no, he actually encouraged me when i was on the verge of giving up because my nipples hurt so bad, she had problems latching.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 2:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• No he was very supportive and joked about how well our kids were fed because of how big my breasts grew! It's atitudes like your friend's husbands that make some women not want to breastfeed when they otherwise would have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• "my sons dad would like it probly like a creep....lol but i thot it was disgusting to breast feed my sons having my body part in him mouth lil weird to me !!!lol"

think about where your son came out of. Is that disgusting? Have that image in your head next time your kissing him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My husband thought it was wonderful that I breastfed, plus he liked that I had big boobs, LOL!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My husband also totally supported/supports me with breastfeeding, thank goodness, cause dd went 13 months and ds is going strong at 2 years...ugh!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2009