funny imaginative punishment for battling tweens

9 yr old girl and 13 yr old boy AND a long summer break with each other

they can really push each others buttons, dad and I are fed up with their
constant complaining about each other, the battling, name calling, telling on each other...you get the picture

what are some fun punishments you have thought of but would never use

hey, a parent can dream and laugh about the ...if only I could punish them by doing__________

boredmom44

Asked by boredmom44 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A cage fight. Two will enter, only one will leave.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• irritate them and make them clean each others rooms, they would hate it more that doing there own
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:15 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i have used this!!
    I will send you to EACH OTHERS rooms
    this stops the older boy in his tracks to think of sister in his room
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Make them do all the chores in the house TOGETHER let them get all the fighting out and no breaks till the fighting stops
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:19 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Got some yard work that needs done lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My mom used to make my sister and I sit on the couch hugging each other until we got over our disagreement. lol It worked. I am sure it would definitely work for a girl and boy even better. lol
    Also, we had a big property and if we fought we had to go pull weeds. That really sucked and it curbed our desire to fight over nothing.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Okay I will take some heat for this but its true this summer my kids were acting up I told them okay lets go to the beach and chill out if you can get along and get your stuff ready and hurry well they were angels running around getting stuff ready we get in the van about 10 min later they were fist fighting in the back seat I said ok keep driving got to the beach 5 min later rode threw the parking lot told them see what you could of done today and went back home and made them sit in the liv room with no tv they hated me all night

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• ahahahaha! That's awesome, Nathskitten! I love the hugging technique! I hope to keep that in mind when my kids are that age.
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 2:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• nicholeat
    i have done this
    when they fight and do not stop after two strikes they get to scrub tub together
    keeps them close and they have to work together
    and if they want to keep fighting i tell them the kitchen floor is waiting
    but doing the tub together has worked on two occasions

have threatened the hugging, this works for the bot, he would hate it!, the girl just smiles and annoys more because this would be fun for her, since she knows her brother would hate it. dad likes to use this threat and he has enforced it a few times

i was really thinking of punishments that i would never use, but would brings laughs thinking about it

like people in area last year, they were charged, went to court and charges dropped, but they duck taped their two girls together and had them do chores. i did not think it was something i would of thought of, and i did not think they should be charged
    they did get off
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• "Okay I will take some heat for this but its true this summer my kids were acting up I told them okay lets go to the beach and chill out if you can get along and get your stuff ready and hurry well they were angels running around getting stuff ready we get in the van about 10 min later they were fist fighting in the back seat I said ok keep driving got to the beach 5 min later rode threw the parking lot told them see what you could of done today and went back home and made them sit in the liv room with no tv they hated me all night"

Actually, thats a great lesson! You told them if they behaved, they can go to the beach.. they messed it up on the way there, so too bad for them! Haha.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2009