My daughter just turned 11 months, should I start adding milk to her formula?

I'm wondering if I should start adding milk now so she'll be used to it when she turns 1 and the formula goes bye-bye.

She eats cheese and baby yogurts regularly and has been doing just fine with those.

What did you do with your children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She shouldn't be taken off of formula until she is eating a well balanced diet of table foods. ONce that is accomplished, then just switch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• We just started giving DS milk. He did fine.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 2:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my nephew (will be 1 Sept 6) is getting some whole milk already. My sister wanted to slowly intoduce milk because she has milk allergies. Hes doing great with it (but he still gets more formula than milk for now)
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 10:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Slowly introduce it and she'll be fine. My dd was introduced at 10 mths (towards the end) and was fully on milk by 12 months. Just do it slowly because for some babies its a huge adjustment and can mess with their systems.
    GoodThingsLast

Answer by GoodThingsLast at 5:45 PM on Aug. 27, 2009