When mothers will understand that children who go to daycare or a day program are less likely to have behavioral problems when they enter school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i dissagree my SD was in daycare her whole life 13 hours a day.... she ahs many behavipural issues.. even now at 10 she has to go to ebfore and after school care so shes there 12 hours a day...

daycare dosent matter in the long run... preschool is a geat advantage to kids.. im a SAHM and will be sending my kids to preschool..2 years of preschool is quite enough to get them ready for school...

daycare is like a zoo.. crapming kids into a room with other kids their age, and forcing them to stay there and play..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• We are starting pre-K this year. I know it will help my son when he goes to kindergarden next year.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• who knows.. but it def helps and helps them to how to interact.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I don't know I was unaware that mothers thought that way. It seems that would be the case if a child was never around kids and then is plopped in kindergarden that there would be some drama. it doesn't mean the kid would be bad, but it would suck for the teacher to have a kid in the class that had never been left before.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• i thought children that go to daycare early have better speech
    but more behavioral problems??

my step daughter was very advanced in language but a bossy, does not listen to authority and rude to teachers, she is 10 now and finally getting a bit better
    she was in daycare very early, few weeks old and many many hours a day
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• depends on how much time at daycare and how early too

posters are answering pre K and pre school

questioner said daycare, daycare begins at weeks old

so I think pre school is great

daycare for infants can be like hearding cows, very impersonal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Well..I don't know where you heard this...and I wouldn't have had any problems with sending my son there if it was more affordable. He will learn what he needs to eventually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• That's a load of crap my DD was never in day care and she was 100% fine starting kindergarten! ,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• "When mothers will" ??

Maybe your mom should have put your in preschool so you could have learned how to speak/type properly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• butt*
    Anonymous