How can I get my 7 1/2 month old to sleep at night?

My DD started sleeping through the night at 11 weeks. About 6 weeks ago she started waking up every night. Some nights she wakes up every hour! A couple of days ago she started waking up for hours at a time and will not stop crying when we pick her up. I think she is probably teething and about to get her first tooth. What can I do to get her to sleep through the night again? I'm afraid to let her cry it out if she truly is in a lot of pain or is sick because of teething. I'm desperate to get a good night's sleep!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• motrin and teething tablets will be your best friend! My son is going through the same exact thing and he is 7 1/2 months old except he has one tooth in and 3 more coming in at once. He was not sleeping at all for a week straight very well and then I gave him a dose of motrin and 3 tablets and he is sleeping 8-11 hours now :) Good luck. I know how hard it is but eventually our babies will be done with this stage of life. :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Heh heh heh. You know, I always tell moms who say, "But my FRIEND's baby sleeps all night!" to just wait...because it's a temporary condition.

Go pick up a copy of "The No Cry Sleep Solution." It will help. Until you can get to the bookstore or library, google the author, "Elizabeth Pantley." Her webstie will also help.

Here's the good news...you're no longer in violation of the Mommy Contract so they won't be sending out the llittle men in blue and pink coats to take the baby back. **grin** (Subparagraph 18B...you signed away sleep and sanity!)

Remember that humor is going to be your main tool as Mom!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• If you're a parent like me, who doesn't mind "helping" your child out a bit, try giving her hylands teething tablets, that is what we use with mine when she is teething, and it seems to help. Also, I don't know if she is a bottle baby, but one thing that really seemed to help with mine was giving her a bottle of cold water at bedtime, then if she woke up in the middle of the night she would have something to help soothe the pain and get back to sleep.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• dont use any kind of organic or homeopathic teething tablets they contain belladonna root extract.belladonna is one of the most poisonous plants in north america.and the root being the most poisonous part of the plant.imho anyone using these teething tablets should be locked up. because you are killing your kid....and before you ask for the past 5 years my dh was studying toxic hortaculturalist and this is according to him.we also knew people who used these on there kids and after prolonged use ended up in the hospital with belladonna poisoning.so read the ingredients label before using.
    b4byd0ll

Answer by b4byd0ll at 7:11 PM on Aug. 18, 2009