how would your life change if there was no longer any public assistance?

if there was no longer the option to obtain wic, food stamps, medicaid, or any other form of public assistance, if you were truly just left up to your own devices, how would that change the way you live now?

mellypoo

Asked by mellypoo at 2:42 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know that many people are working hard but not making it.That comes from the damage to our economy that was ushered in at the same time as the plot to form a dependency class in order to increase the power of government so it would feed on itself. PA is not a stand-alone phenomenon. It is part of a larger plan that told men that they didn't need to be there for their families because the nanny state would give those kids a subsistence living and it taught young women that they didn't need to make a marriage work for the good of their kids. I'm not pointing any fingers at individuals. I am referring to the kind of mentality that took hold and caused fingers to spread into the society at large to change social mores. It's the kind of attitude that feeds the mentality that would drive so many to abuse the help available to others who really need it. I'm saying that its existence justifies itself and grows the need for it.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 5:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• My life would be the same b/c I don't get anything
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my taxes would go down

other people it would effect a lot
    more hungry children for one
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• We wouldn't be able to afford healthcare for myself or my daughter. My fiance has insurance, but we can't be put on it because we're not married and it would take too much out of his paycheck to put our baby on it. If we didn't have WIC, we'd manage. We managed the first six months of her life without it, we could do it again if we had to.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It wouldn't change. I don't use PA and don't know anyone that does.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• I don't receive anything so I'm not sure how this would affect me long term; but now I guess it would do nothing.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• We'd be okay. The only thing we recieve is WIC.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It wouldn't change a thing. Taxes wouldn't change either. Gov't would just pump it into another program.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Nothing would change. My husband and I both work full times jobs so we can avoid being on PA.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It wouldn't effect me but some friends of ours would be hurting. And that in turn effects us, because we care about them.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:50 PM on Aug. 18, 2009