Why does it hurt?

Why does he leave early in the morning, leaving me with the screaming kids that want him? Why does he always say that he needs a break when I am with the kids all day? Why does it hurt me so much and make me feel like he doesn't want to spend time with me? I hate feeling like this, yet he's gone all day everyday either at work, or with his friends, and I don't even get to have friends because I don't have time to meet people!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Why don't you leave early in the morning, before he has the chance to sneak out?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• so many other women feel this
    just watch the answers pour in
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• It hurts because it is human nature to hurt when your needs are not being met.

He does it because no one is making him stop. You've got to stand up for yourself and let him know this is unacceptable. I know, that is easier "said" than "done", but you are the only one that can make this better.

Best of luck to you!
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:00 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

Best of luck to you!
    ___
    This.

YOU have to make the decision that you aren't going to tolerate it anymore.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• A lot of men do this. In their minds, they work all day, they bring home the bacon, so, they deserve a break more than you do. ALTHOUGH! They don't realize how much of a break SAHM's really need. They have no idea how stressful it is, they have no idea how much of ourselves we have to sacrifice, just to keep the chores done & people fed. You need to write him a note. Tell him one by one the things you do, & how you never get a break. Tell him your are spent, you feel week from constantly ignoring your own needs. Tell him, just one night a week, you would like some time alone. ONE NIGHT! If he cannot do any of that for you, then i am sorry you have a complete selfish husband, and if that is the case then you need to seek counseling because you will be VERY un-happy for the next few years until the kids are a lil more independent.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:08 PM on Aug. 18, 2009