Why do the news media make such a big deal about Celine Dion having a child at 41? She' not a freak ya' know?!

Meryl Streep had one at 43 and a lot of women are waiting until later so why is this considered newsworthy?

MaryMcGeechan

Asked by MaryMcGeechan at 2:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Merely because she's a celebrity and because Michael Jackson is still dead.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Bc she had so many problems conceiving and her husband had a battle with cancer. It's happy news. I haven't seen any website bashing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• micheal jackson is not dead
    he was his evil twin
    mj lives next door to me with elvis
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• my mom had me at 45.....why the hell wasn't SHE in the news?!? I could have been famouse! Back then that was REALLY old......lol!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:58 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• All I can figure is ... slow news day??
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:59 PM on Aug. 18, 2009

• Because she is a celeb. They report EVERY time a celeb (from a list to d list celebs) get pregnant. And I like Celine Dion. she seems like a nice enough woman and he is a cancer survivor, they are lucky to be able to have children. I absolutely HATE that they are announcing it when she is only a few weeks along...but after 3 m/c I don't like when ANYONE announces they are preg before 13 weeks. Its SO devastating to have to tell people you have m/c when all you want to do is curl up and waste away......

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 18, 2009